The art of being Californian, it seems, is to cultivate a loose-limbed insouciance while secretly working away like a frantic ant.

--Richard Fortey The Earth: An Intimate History

Monday, July 13, 2009

Timing is Everything

Last week contained one of those days where I operate on the razor's edge of hysteria. Where I wonder if I'm actually pulling off normal since my nerves are so frayed that the slightest bump is going to cause them all to snap and recoil at extreme velocity into my skull. Part of me welcomes this break because then maybe I'll get a few moments of peace until the people around me figure out that something is wrong. Part of me fears it because maybe I'll end up like Humpty-Dumpty and never be put back together again. I've worked so hard for so long on this me, years really, that I don't know if I want it all in pieces.


Anyway, I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment