The art of being Californian, it seems, is to cultivate a loose-limbed insouciance while secretly working away like a frantic ant.

--Richard Fortey The Earth: An Intimate History

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ankle Weights

So Today I:

1. Said goodbye to one of my best friends ever and my son's second mommy (the second close friend in less than a month)

2. Completed day 5 as a stay-at-home mom

3. Did preliminary moving preparation

4. Realized that I will have to say goodbye to more than the formerly mentioned people very soon.

5. Wore ankle weights while moving heavy furniture . . . by myself.

Note: I cried through it all.

I'm sure I'll be funny again someday soon. I'm sure I'll be able to look at all the blessings in my life and see how freaking fortunate I am. I'm sure that things won't see so completely random and out of control.

But for now, they aren't and are (make sense of that yourselves).

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I am not the only one crying about this bullshit called #fuckmonterey

    ReplyDelete