The art of being Californian, it seems, is to cultivate a loose-limbed insouciance while secretly working away like a frantic ant.

--Richard Fortey The Earth: An Intimate History

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Train of Thought

There will be a longer post about the following, but I figured who doesn't love lists.

Things I think about when I am running:

Is is possible to drown in your own snot while running?

Why am I so slow?

That house has stupid outdoor space.

Why is that person so much faster?

I hate her (because it is always a woman who is faster. I am a sexist runner and am not bothered by fast men).

I hope she trips and horribly scrapes her knees so that she can't wear a dress for months.

How can my body hurt so much?

I love this song!

Why do my legs hate me?

Oh my gosh, I can't wait to drink beer.

Oh, look, there's that fast bitch again. I hope she gets pregnant and fat.

That house has stupid outdoor space too.

Does anyone in Monterey care about their outdoor space?

The bay is so pretty.

Oh shit, I just tripped on a stone because I was so busy looking at the bay. Stupid water.

Why do I jiggle so much?

How many more miles do I have to run before I burn enough calories to eat truffle fries?

Am I lost (the answer is usually yes)?

Can I stop yet?

Looking at this list, I see that I am a very negative runner (more accurately: yogger). No wonder for me running is not cheaper than therapy. In fact, it makes me go to more therapy. It also makes me want to key the cars of people with the stickers that read "Running: Cheaper than Therapy" or "26.2."

Screw you and your love for running.

How many times is that fast bitch going to lap me?

[Disclaimer: There will most likely be a lot of running posts in the coming months since, regrettably, that is what I am spending most of my time doing (besides drinking, but it's not P.C. to avidly post about drinking). Tolerate me.]

2 comments:

  1. Can I share mine?

    I hope I run by a mirror so I can see if I look fat.

    I hate that skinny chick.

    For a middle aged Jewish man, Ira Glass has a sexy voice.

    If I run 10 more miles can I eat whatever I want today?

    Sometimes I don't hate Brisbane that much.

    I hate that skinny chick too.

    Water dragon!

    Leggings are not pants.

    Water dragon!

    I wonder what B is doing right now.

    Water dragon!

    I wonder if F will be awake when I get home.

    What's the word for running aimlessly in Finnish again?

    Sigh. Finland. Sigh.

    Water dragon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me smile. [secret: sometimes I don't hate Monterey that much]

      Delete