The art of being Californian, it seems, is to cultivate a loose-limbed insouciance while secretly working away like a frantic ant.

--Richard Fortey The Earth: An Intimate History

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Revelations

After two weeks sans husband and child, I am once again not-single and not-not-a-mother. The last two weeks have been a bit surreal. I haven't lived without one or another of those boys in 6 years. It takes a little adjustment.

And adjust I did. . . .


However, during this time, I have learned a few things about myself.

Here are the top five:

1. I do not like sleeping alone.

2. A pillow is no substitute for the warmth of the right body.

3. I really really like sex.

4. Waking up to the right person in the middle of the night is more-than-nice.

5. Morning kissing before brushing teeth is not only okay, but can be freaking amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment